Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Romana Haider
Dr. Romana Haider, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Legal Medicine. Dr. Haider is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center. Dr. Haider has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Romana Haider has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Showing 5 of 23
At first I liked Dr. Haider, despite having to wait a long time for her to see me after being on time for my appointment. She is friendly. But it became clear after several appointments for differing reasons that she is always trying to squeeze more money out of you. For example, she refused to give me the results on my pap smear over the phone, instead insisting that I come in for an appointment. When I got there, she didn't even have the results of my pap smear, so I refused to pay the copay and refused to come in again. Because she had made a mistake with having my results ready she gave the the results over the phone, which was literally saying, "Everything looks fine." So she wanted to make me come in and pay a $45 copay to say one sentence to me. I have never had a doctor who tried to make me come in for pap smear results. This is only justifiable if something is wrong and you need to have a follow up. She also told me that for the HPV vaccination I had to pay in office and then submit a claims form to my insurance to be reimbursed since the vaccination is covered. Afterwards when I began the claims process, I learned that this was not proper billing procedure and I have honestly been spending months trying to rectify it and get my money back. Not only that, but they tried to bill me again for the appointment for the vaccination, which I paid for over a year ago. Overall I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is that nightmare office that is trying to suck all your money away with unnecessary tests (she tried to make me have bloodwork done even though I'd just had it with another doctor) and appointments. Ignore the good reviews you see and avoid her!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Haider is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Universite De Montreal
Graduated in 1996
University Of Monterey
Dr. Romana Haider accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Romana Haider is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.