Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Romana Usman
Dr. Romana Usman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Usman is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Usman has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Romana Usman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
I am so lucky to have Dr.Usman as my family doctor. She listens and spends time with me when needed. I have called and needed to talk to her and she will actually take time to call me back, I know many doctors do not do this. Dr.Usman noticed when I was in crisis and sent someone to my home to check on me, this was how I got the in-home support that I so badly needed. She is kind and gentle and it is so important to have a doctor who takes the time to get to know you and to really listen. When I had my hip replacement she took the time to come to the hospital to come and visit me, even though she is very busy. I would never think of finding another doctor. I look forward to my doctor appointments with Dr.Usman. I cannot say enough about this wonderful doctor. It was pure luck that I found her, I had been changing doctors for over a year and my first appointment with her I knew that my search was over I had found the right doctor for me.
I had two good initial experiences with Dr. Usman & then two quite bad ones, to wit: I was advised by a GI specialist to have my gallbladder removed, which would require referral to a surgeon from my PCP, Dr. Usman. I called her office at least twice to request and follow up on this referral & was assured that it would be taken care of. A month later, nothing had been done until pressure was put on by the office of the GI doctor. Two days before my surgery, I came down with very uncomfortable symptoms of a urinary tract infection & called Dr. Usman's office; since this was a day that she was out of the office, I was told that she would be informed and would get back in touch with me. Hours later, I called again to find that she had not been reached; I stressed, again, that my symptoms were getting much worse and that I was concerned about getting a bad infection before surgery. I said that I needed to know if Dr. Usman was available or whether I should try to find another doctor. Her office called back to say that there was a prescription for me and that I 'was welcome to find another doctor.' This was clearly not a friendly message. Rather, the point was that if I was going to be so difficult, I should go elsewhere.Really, is it unreasonable to pose the question, when you're sick and getting sicker, whether your doctor is available to treat you or whether you should not waste precious time & go elsewhere?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2009, 2015, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Usman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Albany Medical College
Dr. Romana Usman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNob Hill Podiatry Office, 909 Hyde St Ste 210, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Romana Usman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.