Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald M Sobecks
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sobecks is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Sobecks has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks has the following 28 expertise
- Hodgkin Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Stem Cell Transplant (Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Organ Transplantation
- Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
- Clinical Research
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Sobecks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Chicago Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald M Sobecks in this video.
Dr. Ronald M Sobecks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.