Is Dr. Roscoe Adams the right Doctor for you?
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roscoe Adams
Dr. Roscoe Adams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Silver Spring, MD. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Adams is affiliated with Doctors Community Hospital. Dr. Adams has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Roscoe Adams has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Roscoe Adams has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 3 of 14
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roscoe Adams - Posted on February 11th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roscoe Adams - Posted on April 12th, 2012
I really like Dr Adams and I wish I could book directly with him at the DC Immediate and Primary Care group, I have needed their service numerous times over the past year; his bed-side manner is fantastic and he goes further to explain and be proactive in taking cultures and other lab work. I highly recommend him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roscoe Adams - Posted on April 22nd, 2010
Professional and caring, obviously keeps abreast of medicine and new forms of treatments, aware of interactions of medicines (I learned that he was a pharmacist), obvioiusly reads the charts and is familiar with patients' cases, concerned about overall life situation as an indicator or overall health, reassures patients through his clear explanations of his observations, the path of treatments, side effects, advantages and disadvantages of treatment. Rare find in a physician!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2011, 2018, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Adams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Roscoe Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roscoe Adams is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.