Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruth E Hetland has the following 1 specialty
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 32
I am so grateful to a friend of mine that recommended Dr Ruth Hetland. When I first found out the news that I had breast cancer and received Dr. Ruth Hetland's contact information, I called her office at 5:30pm expecting a voicemail message. My call was answered by human being which was impressive. I introduced myself to whom I thought was the receptionist, however it was Dr. Ruth Hetland that picked up the phone. Her response to the news that I was diagnosed with cancer, was sympathetic and sincere. She asked me to call the following day to set up a date with her secretary since she didn't have access to her records. The first appointment with Mr Ruth Hetland set my mind at ease and realized that I made a great decision choosing this knowledgeable and caring woman. My husband and I had questions and she spent all the time that was needed to answer them all. We didn't feel rushed and felt as though she wanted us to understand all the details, so much so, that she even drew pictures that depicted the type of cancer I had and what my mastectomy would entail. The surgery went very well and today was my follow up visit. Again, Dr Ruth Hetland was reassuring as I asked my questions regarding my recovery and took as much time as needed. I strongly recommend her. She is an extremely professional and caring professional.
Breast cancer in itself is a very scary diagnois, but speaking with Dr. Hetland has been a very calming, straightforward experience. She explains the surgery in detail, answers any and all questions in as much detail as you may want. After surgery visits are also very informative and she takes the time to just sit and talk with you, something that is missing with some doctors now adays. I love her down to earth approach and humor. Great surgeon and great person.
I was very disappointed with Dr. Hetland's skill as a surgeon. She had to perform three surgeries to get all the cancer cells. On the third try, she took far more tissue than was necessary. I felt she was rushed and used poor judgement. She spent very little time with me afterward, checking in once for two minutes. After two years, I am still in great pain.
Dr. Hetland is honestly one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Throughout the entire process she was so honest and told me exactly what to expect. Every single plastic surgeon I spoke with confirmed how great she is at her job (I spoke with three). If you need a masectomy and live in Rochester, in my opinion and many others, she is the best in Rochester.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
42 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Ruth E Hetland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAnn Therese Olzinski-Kunze Md, 2235 Clinton Ave S, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ruth E Hetland in this video.
Dr. Ruth E Hetland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.