Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Samer A Kanaan has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Samer A Kanaan has the following 22 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Thoracic Cancer
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Pericardial Effusion
- Pericardial Window Techniques
- Reflux Surgery (Fundoplication)
- Lung Cancer
- Mediastinal Diseases
- Vascular Malformations
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
- Thymus Cancer
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Thoracic Diseases
- Mediastinal Cyst
Dr. Samer A Kanaan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Kanaan is Harvard Trained and Specialized in Robotic and Minimally Invasive surgery. In addition to being an outstanding surgeon, he possesses a genuinely caring bedside manner. We are truly blessed to have a Harvard University level Thoracic Surgeon here in our local community. Dr. Kanaan is most certainly highly recommended.
Words cannot describe how well Dr. Kanaan took care of me. I was seriously ill and he was so gracious and kind during my treatment. He has a way of calming a patient down when they are so nervous and scared. My lungs collapsed twice and I was frantic. Both times Dr. Kanaan took excellent care of me and eased my fears. He is an A-One doctor and is the best doctor I have ever had. He treats you with such kindness and explains thing in a way that you can understand. I have met a few of his other patients and they all felt the same as I. We have even talked about starting a Dr. Kanaan "Fan Club". Seriously I hope that he never leaves Napa. His nurse "Heide" is also wonderful person and deals well with the patients. They are the best team ever and Napa is sure lucky to have them here.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Samer A Kanaan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samer A Kanaan, MD - Vascular Surgery in Mission Viejo, CA, in this video.
Dr. Samer A Kanaan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.