Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sanford E Avner
Dr. Sanford E Avner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Castle Rock, CO, with another office in Lone Tree, CO. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Avner is affiliated with St Anthony Hospital Lakewood, Boulder Community Hospital and Avista Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Sanford E Avner has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Avner's assistance are wonderful. Dr Avner himself lacks listening skills and reported to my primary doctor inaccurate and false statement. It was a very uncomfortable appointment when it was just he and I in the room. He inoformed me I did not need my existing inhaler when in fact I continue to use it. I could not submit no star rating, so I gave the Dr one star for overall rating. Disappointed asthma patient-
Dr. Avner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Sanford E Avner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanford E Avner in this video.
Dr. Sanford E Avner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Castle Rock, CO.