Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarah M Barnett MD
Dr. Sarah M Barnett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in North Andover, MA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarah M Barnett has 2 locations
Dr. Sarah M Barnett has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sarah M Barnett has the following 6 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 2 of 2
She's the best. Second place isn't even close.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sarah M Barnett - Posted on June 7th, 2017
She's the best. Second place isn't even close. When Dr. Barnett diagnosed our son more than 2 years ago it gave us clarity & a sense of direction in helping our little boy. She not only told us why he was acting the way he was, but that we could help him and were not alone. And it didn't stop at the diagnosis. She was there to answer questions, help us get started in the IEP process and so much more. She is truly a shining light in the darkness.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sarah M Barnett - Posted on June 22nd, 2008
17 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Sarah M Barnett Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sarah M Barnett
Dr. Barnett's focus is on providing outstanding clinical care for her patients. She believes family-centered, multidisciplinary care is the best way to care for her patients with autism spectrum as well as other related neurodevelopmental disorders. Frequently is Dr. Sarah Barnett is asked to present to residency programs in Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology as well as parent advocacy and early intervention groups.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sarah M Barnett is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.