Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott W Ainsworth
Dr. Scott W Ainsworth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Blairsville, GA, with other offices in Hiawassee, GA and Blairsville, GA . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ainsworth has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott W Ainsworth has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott W Ainsworth has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 35
I had a colonoscopy in 2007 in FL...finding was ulcerative proctitis. came to Murphy for summer in 2010 had Dr Ainsworth do colonoscopy, no mention of procititis,,another colonoscopy in 2012,again no mention, had blood in stool for 2 months went to Dr ainsworth, he said to take metamucil,that I had had a colonoscopy last Sept so there couldn't be anything wrong.... NO exam No rectal, no nothing....went to my Dr in Florida, he did rectal, found blood, did sigmoid,found the ulcerative proctitis, Will NEVER go back to Dr Ainsworth again and am sending him the pictures and Dr report. spent maybe 4 minutes with me? Is this because his Medicare payments are cut???
I had my first Colon screening with Dr. Ainsworth. The instructions for the prep were clear, and the prep effective. The anesthesia was excellent so the procedure was painless. One minute I was saying goodnight and the next I was awake in recovery. Dr. Ainsworth was professional and did an excellent job. I would recommend him to friends and family.
I went in for a consultation before my colonoscopy. The staff was very courteous and professional. Dr. Ainsworth was very understanding about my worries, and helped me understand the colonoscopy process. After the colonoscopy Dr. Ainsworth talked with me about what he had found and what the next step should be. He also contacted my primary doctor and gave him the results and his recommendations. I credit Dr. Ainsworth with helping to save my life.
Dr Ainsworth is a decent doctor who gets the job done, but BIG NOTE on his staff. If you have anything important to share over the phone and you get his voicemail, it is pointless to do such. They NEVER return calls at their office. NEVER. EVER. It will do you absolutely no good to take care of any urgent matters over the phone if you get their voicemail. Follow-up from this office is NON-EXISTENT!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1987
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Scott W Ainsworth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott W Ainsworth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blairsville, GA.