Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott L Firestein has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I had a miss carriage, and he is not my normal dr. BUT he spent very little time explaining things, then decided it would be acceptable to wait to give me a RHO-gam shot A WEEK after my miscarriage when it is supposed to be administered within 72 hours, per FDA regulations. I had to get an appointment with another dr who immediately gave me the shot.... I must now wait 6 months to see if I have RH sensitization, which could impact EVERY SINGLE PREGNANCY I have after this... If you value your time and money and BODY, see another DR.
He's a terrible doctor. I'm 21 and had him during my first pregnancy and when I would try asking him questions regarding my pregnancy, he would joke about the question every time before answering it. He tries making you feel stupid for not knowing the answers to the questions your asking. For example, I told him I read something online about if a baby has too many hiccups too many times a day, it could indicate the possibility of the umbilical being wrapped around the neck. Before answering it, he joked about the question, got online in the doctor's office and tried to find the website while giggling to himself, told me a story while I stared at the wall furiously, searched the internet some more, interrupted me every time I tried defending myself for using the internet and just completely made a joke out of the entire situation. He was more concerned with spending 15 minutes trying to make me feel stupid than just taking a minute to tell me if what I had read was accurate. It was very VERY unprofessional. And whatever you do, don't be late to your appointments. I was less than 5 minutes late and a nurse had to chase him out the door because he was trying to leave. Never will I have him as a doctor again.
Dr. Firestein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Scott L Firestein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGroup Health Associates, 2001 Anderson Ferry Rd, Cincinnati, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott L Firestein in this video.
Dr. Scott L Firestein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.