Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott R Negri
Dr. Scott R Negri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Luis Obispo, CA, with another office in San Luis Obispo, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Negri is affiliated with Sonora Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Negri has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott R Negri has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Scott R Negri has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 46
I have been going to Dr. Negri for over 13 years. He and his qualified staff are amazing, caring, kind, and knowledgable. Both my husband and I trust him for all our medical needs and know that anything beyond his scope is referred to a reputable Dr. for followup. Wouldn't trade Dr. Negri for anything!
I've been going to Dr. Negri for a long time. Ten years ago, he was reviewing my blood work and noted an increase in my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen), Although it was less than the important lever of 4, he noted a trend up and additional blood tests and ultimately referred me to an excellent Urologist for a biopsy. His alertness to my Prostate Cancer allowed me to have surgery in the early stages of my cancer. With the removal of the Prostate (and the cancer that was still encapsulated in the Prostate), I did not need radiation or chemo therapy and have been cancer free for 9 years and 7 months. Since I was symptom free prior to Dr. Negri's alert medical evaluation, it is possible that he cancer could have grown and spread. I believe Dr. Negri probably ultimately saved me a great deal of pain and suffering and probably ultimately my life.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Negri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Scott R Negri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott R Negri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.