Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Seymour J Melnik
Dr. Seymour J Melnik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Whittier, CA. He has 58 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Melnik is affiliated with Garfield Medical Center, Greater El Monte Community Hospital and Community Hospital Huntington Park. He speaks English.
Dr. Seymour J Melnik has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Seymour J Melnik has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Cancer
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Dr. Seymour J Melnik has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Seymour J Melnik is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was a patient of Dr. Senior Melnik, for about 6 years now. I only saw him once a year for my annual paps, up until this point. I was getting sharp pains in my lower right abdomen saw 3 doctors before Melnik and all 3 said that i must see an OBGYN. i couldnt get an appointment with Melnik for another week-in-a-half; i called every-single-day to see if they had any canceled appointments because i was in excruciating pain, they didn't have not ONE canceled appointment . I FINALLY saw Dr. Melnik after waiting so long, losing time from work and being in such pain, sitting in his office in tears from the pain Dr. Melnik literally said to me "This is not in my field and I don't know what your pain is." I mentioned that relatives in my family have had the exact pain I was having and were diagnosed with endometriosis, however, it was found by laproscopy surgery. Dr. Melnik response was "well, i can do the surgery IF you allow me to but I don't know what that would do and insurance can take weeks to approve." I left his office in tears thinking that perhaps the pain i was feeling was in my head. I got referred to Dr. Rocca at PIH Women's Health center by my primary Doctor. Dr. Rocca was FANTASTIC he saw me right away and without me saying anything, other than answering his questions he diagnosed me and had my surgery scheduled that very Monday (3 days later). If you read this Dr. Melnik; i had the laproscooy surgery done, it Was endometriosis on BOTH ovaries and behind my right ovary...so, guess that would mean it WAS IN YOUR FIELD. Thanks for being so rude because i have now found a doctor that actually cares about his patients.
do not go here! they do not allow children to be in their waiting room! they want you to take your child out to the lobby by the service elevators and sit in some chairs they have out there... and wait to be called! (like a leper) they do not allow them in the waiting room at all, but you can take them in the room when you are being seen! ???? won't the child pass by the pregnant women or may even be near one. i guess pregnant women can get some serious illness by sharing a waiting room with children! a pregnant women should not be exposed or near children because they might harm the unborn child is what i was told. hmmm...??? what?! that was news to me. i have never ever been told that my child could not be with me in a waiting room or near a pregnant women before. don't pregnant women walk out of their homes? there are children everywhere! (malls, restaurants, beach, pharmacy, etc.) they are going to have one for crying out loud! i have never heard of this policy and believe it is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard! women have children in hospitals! that is where the most dangerous diseases are! i even offered to have my daughters vaccine sheet be faxed to there office, but they refused! why? if they are so concerned that my daughter has had all her shots so that she doesn't affect others then why refuse to see her vaccination form!? i will never go there and i hope anyone who has or plans to have children find this seriously offensive and discriminatory. i took a stand against this policy and hope others do the same.
Dr. Melnik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
58 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Seymour J Melnik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelnik & Soloway MDs Inc, 14350 Whittier Blvd Ste 325, Whittier, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Seymour J Melnik, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Whittier, CA, in this video.
Dr. Seymour J Melnik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.