More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shaheen A Khan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Khan has been my family Pediatrician for many years, I went to her until I was 17, and now my two daughters are her patients as well. The wait time can sometimes exceed an hour or two depending on the time of day, but its worth the wait! She takes quality time with each child and actually remembers her patients. It is very hard to find doctors like this, she takes the time to know her patients on a personal level and offers wonderful quality of medical attention.
I use to go to a male doctor before she was available here. As a young girl I hated my doctor and felt very uncomfortable with him. Then she came along! She is a very sweet and wonderful doctor. I had her as my doctor until I was of age. When I found out I away pregnant some many years later I knew exactly who was going to be my sons doctor. My mother also transferred my siblings to her because she was very pleased with the service she provided. Which was good because my little sister had a very serious breathing problem which required surgery. For many painful months another doctor was diagnosing my sisters problems as allergies or colds. My parents where certain it couldn't be that. My sister would stop breathing at night and had a lot of trouble breathing. My parents took turns watching her of fear she would not wake up. So my mom transfered her and this doctor automatically sent my mom to get x-rays and there it was my sister had a serious problem! She would always give us free formula. I member once I had been in there and my son had a cold and I was told I was waiting for nothing because he was to young. So I asked the nurse so I could leave because I had work and she saw me real quick said he was to young and what to give him:)! She's a wonderful doctor and she remembers our names :))!
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York University
Dr. Shaheen A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMadera Family Medical Group, 1111 W 4th St, Madera, CA
Dr. Shaheen A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madera, CA.