More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shams Yoonessi
Dr. Shams Yoonessi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Pedro, CA. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Yoonessi is affiliated with Centinela Hospital Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital-LA and California Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Shams Yoonessi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Yoonessi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Centinela Hospital Medical Center
Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
California Hospital Medical Center
Los Angeles County - Harbor - UCLA Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Med Ctr
Olive View Medical Center
Pomona Valley Hospital M.C.
Providence Holy Cross M.C. PHS
41 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1972
Miami Childrens Hospital
Dr. Shams Yoonessi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarbor Community Clinic-Pediatric Site, 731 S Beacon St, San Pedro, CA
Dr. Shams Yoonessi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Pedro, CA.