Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed S Hyder has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Syed S Hyder has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 3 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed S Hyder - Posted on January 19th, 2013
Very Compassionate doctor, who truly understands you
A trusted physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed S Hyder - Posted on April 22nd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed S Hyder - Posted on March 22nd, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Syed S Hyder
Dr. Hyder joined St. Alexius Specialty Clinics in December 1996. Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Hyder specializes in providing medical treatment for disorders and diseases of the nervous system (the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles). Dr. Hyder earned his medical degree at Dow Medical College in Pakistan, then fulfilled an internship at the William S. Hall Psychiatric Institute, School of Medicine, University of South Carolina. He completed a residency in adult neurology and a fellowship in pediatric neurology at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology and a fellow of American Heart Association and Stroke Council. He is Clinical Professor of Neurology, University of North Dakota, Bismarck campus and a Certified Physician Executive.
Locations & DirectionsCOASTAL WOMENS CARE, 9221 University Blvd Ste 2E, North Charleston, SC
Dr. Syed S Hyder is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Charleston, SC.