Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shyla Reddy has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shyla Reddy has the following 46 expertise
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Leg Injuries
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- Ear Infection (Otitis)
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Ankle Injuries
- Elder Bone Fractures/Falls
- Sprains and Strains
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
- Pink eye (Viral Conjunctivitis)
- Migraine Disorders
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases)
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Testing
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Kidney Inflammation (Pyelonephritis)
- Headache Disorders
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Heart Diseases
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
- Bedsores (Pressure Ulcer)
- Memory Disorders
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bronchial Diseases
- Eczema (Eczematous Skin Diseases)
Dr. Shyla Reddy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Shyla Reddy is my primary care physician. She is wonderful, staff is so courteous and they show so much caring and take the time to talk to you and make you feel so comfortable. If doctors make you nervous, as they do me, please go see Dr. Reddy I am sure your visit will be much more pleasant than you can imagine.
Dr. Reddy has been my doc for I believe the past 8 or 9 yrs. I am a big procrastinator and put off taking care of health issues. Dr. Reddy does not nag but gently reminds you at every appointment of what needs to be done to prevent health fails. For example, she asks at every appt. if I had a colonoscopy thing having to do with preventive medicine. She asked about or 7 appts. straight & I finally, reluctantly got a coloscopy. Turns out I had two large polyps that would have eventually become cancerous. She is a no-nonsense. Asks if you've been taking your meds & refers to a specialist if you want. I am diabetic and she makes sure we stay on top of it. You never feel that she's rushing you. I am sorry that she is leaving USA Fam Medicine, I have to try to find another one I would like as well.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Carilion Health System
Dr. Shyla Reddy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shyla Reddy in this video.
Dr. Shyla Reddy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.