Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sleman A Khoury
Dr. Sleman A Khoury, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southgate, MI. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Khoury is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. Dr. Khoury has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sleman A Khoury has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sleman A Khoury has the following 18 expertise
- Endocrine Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Dr. Sleman A Khoury has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
The staff at this office wouldn't schedule an appointment with me for months telling me to call back when they found out I had Medicaid. After four months of them doing this to me, I went there in person and they treated me terribly unwell. They only were inclined to offer me an appointment in lieu of me offering them cash. This made me so sick to my stomach that I had to leave and as I left the office one of the staff muttered "Waste of Time" to me as I left the office!! There is even more to the story but you can find out for yourself just go up there and say you have Medicaid and would like to schedule an appointment. Disgraceful.
Very unprofessional staff. They like to eat and gossip more than do their work. The doctor is pretty good but not sure how long he will be practicing due to his young daughter possibly taking over. The staff (especially Chavon) is very rude and not too knowledgeable on how to properly run a medical office(hot dog stand is more fitting) I almost feel bad for the doctor that he has to deal with their behavior issues. Office is run down, feels like your stuck in an episode of Brady Bunch. Not what I'm looking for in a doctors office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Khoury is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Sleman A Khoury accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDownriver Endocrinology, 15125 Northline Rd, Southgate, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sleman A Khoury, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Southgate, MI, in this video.
Dr. Sleman A Khoury is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southgate, MI.