Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sonal S Gupta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
I made an appointment with this physician to discuss skins lesions but was lectured on rescheduled appointments and told I was the cause for her nursing staff attrition. Being quite alarmed by the unprofessional behavior of this physician, I am trying to schedule an appointment with someone else at Heritage Medical. So far I have been unsuccessful as they have mentioned they don't allow patient transfers. I may have to escalate my concerns through the appropriate channels but I hope not. I merely wish to receive quality patient care and don't want any legal battles.
She talks over me. I asked her for something for my knee pain and she said Tylenol - Then she went off about alcohol use. I said 1-2 glasses of wine a month. She said anything over 1 glass at a time is considered high risk behavior for alcoholic dementia and neuropathy. Finally she showed me how to do a breast exam as if I had never learned how. I'm in my 50s. She comes in with her plan on what she wants to cover and her appointments are shorter than the time you are there to wait for her.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Sonal S Gupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeritage Medical Associates, 1909 Mallory Ln, Franklin, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sonal S Gupta in this video.
Dr. Sonal S Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, TN.