Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sophie A Lukashok
Dr. Sophie A Lukashok, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lukashok is affiliated with Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. Dr. Lukashok has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Sophie A Lukashok has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to Dr Lukashok for two years. At first, I thought her callousness and terrible bedside manner would get better over time. It did not. The final straw was after having a terrible cold for two weeks and coming in twice i was "bothering" her and she was "having a bad day". She is about getting paid and could care less about her patients well being. If you are looking for a good doctor---keep looking!
I wanted to take the time to praise Dr. Lukashok for the great care that I am receiving, she listens to my concerns, spends time with me explaining the process, my options and most importantly makes me feel comfortable with this process. I recommend her to anyone that has a need for world class acre and follow up, trust me when I say that having a Life Threatening Illness its very important to have a Doctor that cares for you as a person and provides the best care possible. Her Nurse is awesome as well...
I found Dr. Lukashok to be cold and impersonal. I thought she did a poor job of taking my history, she criticized my previous doctors' recommendations, and overall, she seemed judgmental and callous. Her physical exam style was awkward and uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
I am sorry you had a bad experience and I take complaints very seriously. Please identify yourself to me through my office, and I will be happy to address your complaints and to see how we can fix your problem and help you.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Lukashok is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1989
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Sophie A Lukashok accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntown Infectious Diseases, 619 Rankin St NE, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Sophie A Lukashok is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.