Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley J Schneller
Dr. Stanley J Schneller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schneller is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital and Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. Dr. Schneller has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley J Schneller has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Schneller is part of an exclusive class of medicine in today's world. This is so hard to find today. Spending quality time with you is only a miniscule part of his regimen. He is current, brilliant, a great listener, tends to take baby steps in diagnosing your issue and genuinely cares about your health and well being. He's is also on the cutting edge of his field. I feel so lucky to have discovered him. He is truly a gift to the medical world.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schneller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1977
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Stanley J Schneller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCUMC-SURGERY Herbert Irving Pavilion, 161 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stanley J Schneller in this video.
Dr. Stanley J Schneller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.