Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stefan A Dupont
Dr. Stefan A Dupont, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beachwood, OH, with other offices in Fairlawn, OH and Beachwood, OH (and 1 other location). He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Dupont is affiliated with Union Hospital and Affinity Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stefan A Dupont has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Dupont was the fourth Neurologist that I saw before I finally got a diagnosis. After two years, I had given up on finding a knowledgeable doctor. I truly believe that he saved my life. The disease is incurable but the time I have left is much better. I'm out of my wheelchair, I know that I'll need it again, but even a couple of years of walking is unbelievably appreciated. I give him an A+
Dr. Dupont is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Stefan A Dupont accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stefan A Dupont is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beachwood, OH.