Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen has the following 3 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Brought my granddaughter in to see Dr Adolfsen with knee pain. He sent her for 2 MRI''s and told me she had a sprained ligament. Went on for over a year in pain, sent her to physical therapy and did nothing else even after telling him over and over she was in pain and no better! Well after a year of NO HELP, I brought her to a REAL Doctor and he took one look at the MRI and said she has a torn miniscus. She will be having surgery in 2 weeks and I'll be glad to finally be over this. I would NOT recommend this doctor for my DOG!! P.S. His office staff is the most unfriendly group of women I have EVER met!! If you have a child who needs an orthopedic Doctor, bring them to see Dr Frankel in Linnwood, He's awesome!!
Both my children have been to the Neptune office. Dr. Adolfsen and the PA Katherine, especially Katherine, where friendly, thorough, and spent time with us. I couldn't have been more pleased with them. They know children's bones and they are professional and great with the kids. However, the front office is unfriendly and can be rude. When leaving our last appt, I went to the 1st window to make a follow-up appt and was told to go to the next window (not the problem), at that window the same woman turned her back on me after helping someone else. Thinking she was involved with something I waited, until too much time passed and I realized she wasn't doing anything, and so I said nicely, "excuse me, I need to make a follow-up appt" and she turned around to address me and was visibly annoyed. She looked at my paper work and gave it to the next person, next window, for me to make the appt, and the next person actually rolled her eyes. Not sure why, wrong window, didn't know who handled appts, my son started to cry, I have no idea. When I called to cancel that follow-up appt, my call was dropped once and when I called back I was placed on hold for 7 minutes. Once the person came back to the phone and I let her know I needed to cancel the appt, she was pleasant. Even though I have no doubts the Drs and PA are wonderful, if I ever need a Pediatric Orthopedic again, I will go some place else.
15 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Orthopedic Associates, 585 Cranbury Rd Ste A, East Brunswick, NJ
Dr. Stephen E Adolfsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.