Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen D Elgert has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Elgert is an excellent doctor, very professional and friendly. He asks many life questions pertaining to health, takes an interest in you personally and is very thorough. When doing lab work the staff will send samples to labs that are covered by your insurance. The staff is always friendly, waiting is kept to a minimum.
When my insurance was switched over I chose Bedford Village but with a different female Dr. When she was on leave I was seen my Dr. Elgert and was amazed at how attentive, caring and thorough he was as a practitioner. I quickly switched to have him as my primary and since then he has helped me fix some major ongoing health problems by looking at all aspects not just throwing meds at me like a lot of Doctors do nowadays. He never rushes me and is very personable and really means it when he asks me how I have been. I don't know who the negative review came from but sounds like a "drug seeker" who didn't get what they were looking for..
This man did not listen to my cause, cares, or concerns, or treat me with respect. After a visit he wrote me a prescription that wasn't covered by my insurance, I was in chronic pain and bed ridden, I spent 1 WEEK trying to get a hold of someone over there to get him to re-write something that was covered by my insurance, it was inhumane, unacceptable and rude, both him and the nursing staff at this practice are not at all thorough, they say they will do something and don't follow through. Honestly, this man is so cold, if you told him you were going to hang yourself cause your in so much chronic pain, he would give you a noose. Oh and to boot when he found out I was involved in a MVA and had a lawyer he started BILLING ME full price instead of my reduced rate insurance company which is against the law. Shady, awful people, that don't belong in the health care industry. I wouldn't go see this man if I had a nose bleed.
I was concerned on an issue I was having for a while. I was seen the same day I called and was scheduled with Dr. Elgert. He pin pointed the problem and began with testing.During my visit, Dr. Elgert was very attentive to my concerns. I did not feel I was being rushed. He was caring and took his time to explain what I needed to know and how to proceed with the next step.I would highly recommend Dr. Elgert to my family and friends.
Dr. Elgert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1980
St Josephs Hospital And Health Center
Dr. Stephen D Elgert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElliot Family Medicine at Bedford Village, 15 Constitution Dr, Bedford, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen D Elgert in this video.
Dr. Stephen D Elgert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, NH.