Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen M Gallousis
Dr. Stephen M Gallousis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Canaan, CT, with another office in Stamford, CT. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Gallousis is affiliated with Stamford Hospital. Dr. Gallousis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen M Gallousis has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Stephen M Gallousis has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 21
He was the best Gynecologist I had. He was so gentle never hurt me I had very large furies. With the problem I had he will always call to make sure I came in for a blood test. He did my hysterectomy he was just great. I was so sad when he left NY. I always talk about him. Im so glad you are doing well. I still miss him although I have found someone thats very nice. Continue to have that calming voice and the gentle touch.
I have known Dr. Gallousis for many years and needed surgery for a problem with my uterus. He is an excellent surgeon and performed my surgery through little incisions. I was home the next day with little pain. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a gyn surgeon.
I had my first baby delivered by Dr. Galluousis and I had no problems. He was there for me in the hospital and his partner came to check up on me. The whole practice is friendly and extremely professional. He is great surgeon because my baby did a number me through natural birth and he fixed me just like new. The practice is very clean. He does his own ultrasound during the visits which is important because not all OBs know how to use an ultrasound. I have no complaints and I will recommend anyone who is hesitant to see an OB to go see Dr. G and his staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gallousis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Stephen M Gallousis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Gallousis in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Gallousis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Canaan, CT.