Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen S Salmieri
Dr. Stephen S Salmieri, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Salmieri is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center, Southern Regional Medical Center and Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. Dr. Salmieri has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen S Salmieri has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Uterine Prolapse
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Pain
- Ovarian Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 82
He is the very best! I needed a robotic surgery. I had spent several months in another hospital, after a heart surgery. Needless to say I was high risk. Dr. Sal performed my surgery and I was home the next day! Unless he gets rid of me, he is my Dr. forever!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Salmieri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1989
St Vincents Hospital
Dr. Stephen S Salmieri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSoutheastern Gynecologic, 759 Old Norcross Rd, Lawrenceville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen S Salmieri in this video.
Dr. Stephen S Salmieri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.