Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen G Tygart has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I love Dr. Tygart and some of his staff. He has however; since I have became pregnant been a little disappointing from day one. He is really just overloaded with patients and his new system. I am on subutex and klonapin daily and was adviced by 2 of my doctors to continue usage, or it could cause me to miscarry... Dr. Tygart told me to discontinue use, and has shown his tremendous lack of knowledge in this type of situation. I am not the only one on medications, and he should kinow more, do more research, and refer patients like myself to a high risk OB or someone that is knowledgeable in the area of concern.
After 20 years and three children, I can truly say Dr. Tygart is not only an exceptional physician but a wonderful friend. I have always felt a warmth with staff as well as Dr. Tygart. Everyone in the office took time to address my needs and questions. I would and have recommended many friends and family to the clinic. Outstanding staff and Excellent Doctor.. Thank you for many many years of care.
Dr. Tygart is very knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. Had complications with my pregnancy and he always took time to explain my condition and the terms I had to follow...never felt rushed or like he was in a hurry. I also called the office many times and the ladies where always prompt and helpful.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2013, 2010, 2015, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
36 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Stephen G Tygart accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHuntsville Ob/Gyn Associates Pa, 4800 Whitesport Cir SW Ste A, Huntsville, AL
Dr. Stephen G Tygart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.