Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven L Buckley has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Steven L Buckley has the following 22 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Instability
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Femoral Fractures
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Open Fractures
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Steven L Buckley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Smacked on his gum and mumbled. Didn't read chart because asked about wrong body part. Didn't obtain xray ordered so nothing to discuss but didn't bother to tell me. Was there for 2 hours waiting and only saw him last 2 min. Quite rude saying he doesn't do much with my son's condition and acted like didn't care or that I should. I asked for it to not be billable since there for 2 hours for no reason, but no...he had to have his $. Doesn't card about patient..just $.
Dr. Buckley and the staff have always treated us with respect, appointment wait times do not seem to be overly lengthy. Dr. Buckley is knowledgeable in his field and his staff have always worked well with my son. My chief complaints is in the way he seems to change his plan for my son every time we are in the office. I have even had to remind him of previous degrees of my sons scoliosis and basically tell him he was incorrect in what he was trying to convince me of. I definitely believe Dr. Buckley shouldn't be the only one providing recommendations for patients even if surgery isn't part of the plan.
Easily the worst doctor ever. Went in he ordered a cat scan of my lower back. Went back for a check up, he had no idea who I was or that I've ever even been in that office. Spent maybe 10 minutes with him all together within 3 visits. Told me I had a form or spinal biffida, but really it was just chronic pain from years of sports and heavy lifting.
I WAS GIVEN XANAX FOR MY BLOOD PRESSURE. REALLY??? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
36 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Steven L Buckley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Orthopedic Center, 927 Franklin St SE, Huntsville, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven L Buckley in this video.
Dr. Steven L Buckley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.