Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Steven G Scheufler
Dr. Steven G Scheufler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Massillon, OH. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Scheufler is affiliated with Medina Hospital and Affinity Medical Center. Dr. Scheufler has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven G Scheufler has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven G Scheufler has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steven G Scheufler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 13
This doctor is the worst doctor I have ever come across! I took my mother to get her medicine refilled and he basically called her a drug addict. She is one medicines for strokes and told her they were made up and in her head. He kicked us out of his office and screamed to the nurses to give her a refund in front of everyone. That he was NOT going to take her on as a patient. He told us that the street value of some of her medications were very high and he wasn't going to lose his license over my mother. She has never once sold her medicine, she takes it for serious reasons and was put on it by a neurologist back in Texas! He's was so rude and ugly to us I could not believe a doctor would treat a potential patient like that. I would not waste your time, money, or anything on this man! I tried to tell the manger woman in there what happened, which I'm sure the whole place could hear but she did nothing wouldn't give me his license number so I could turn him in to the Ohio medical board. I'm serious he is a quack and a jerk! We have never ever been treated like this by a PROFESSIONAL and anyone else in my life!! What a waste of time! I hope this helps anyone thinking about going to see this man I hate calling him a man because he acted worse than my 4 year old! And, I definitely would not call him a doctor!!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Scheufler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Steven G Scheufler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare ExchangeProviders
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMASSILLON FAMILY PRACTICE, 6724 Wales Ave NW, Massillon, OH
Dr. Steven G Scheufler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Massillon, OH.