Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Horowitz
Dr. Steven Horowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Horowitz is affiliated with UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus, Brigham & Women's Hospital and Cambridge Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Horowitz has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Steven Horowitz has the following 15 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Diabetic Neuropathies
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscule Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
Dr. Steven Horowitz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven Horowitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I went to see this doctor, he was running nearly an hour late. The room I was taken into was not cleaned after the previous patient. He pulled out a bag of safety pins and started poking me with them. There was no explanation give for this "test" or verbal assurance they were sterile. His bedside manner was abysmal. His speaking manner was agitated, aggressive and condescending, especially when asked questions. He spoke of irrelevant therapeutic procedures that were inappropriate for my condition and in communicating with my primary care wrote a note of complete fiction. Beware of this doctor.
Dr. Horowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
University Hospitals and Clinics
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
Mass General Hospital
47 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Steven Horowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Horowitz in this video.
Dr. Steven Horowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.