Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven C Henricks has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been a patient of Dr.Henricks for many years, both as inpatinet and now in his privete practice. Even when I have asked him directly for advice, he rather turns it back to me to come up with my own solution. On the few times he was running late he would come into the waiting are and let me know of the delay.He is reasonably availabe for calls after hours and is very empathic and grounding, even when the situation is critical. Dr. Henricks seems to be very invested in his clients, and seems to be very well respected by othr professionals. I am feel very fortuneate to have found him.
Dr. Henricks is one of the rare psychiatrists in our area who still does psychotherapy. He spends far more time with me than any previous psychiatrist I have seen (25-30 minutes for medication management sessions and 50-60 minutes for psychotherapy sessions). He is particularly gifted at working with trauma survivors (including persons with severe physical abuse and sexual abuse). In response to a previously negative reviewer, Dr. Henricks rarely, if ever, gives me "advice". He helps me see my problems from different perspectives and then allows me to make informed decisions about my these problems. While I recognize that no psychiatrist or physician is going to be a perfect fit for every patient, I am particularly grateful to Dr. Henricks for our work together.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Steven C Henricks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSteven C Henricks Md, 24 Front St Ste 307, Exeter, NH
Dr. Steven C Henricks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Exeter, NH.