Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Klein has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
After 3 or 4 appts. They said there is really nothing they could do for me, but we'll see you in three or four months. After being told that three times, I stopped going. They obviously just want my insurance money. I owed a small amount, couldn't pay it and it was put on my credit and I got a letter saying they couldn't see me anymore. The doctor was condescending, rude and didn't seem to believe anything I said. Thanks a lot
Pinnacle Health System
Dr. Steven J Klein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology Consultants, 346 Mill St, Hagerstown, MD
Dr. Steven J Klein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hagerstown, MD.