Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven P Karanikolas
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ, with another office in Hillsborough, NJ. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Karanikolas is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Karanikolas has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I travel 45 minutes to see Dr.Karanikolas. My pregnency turned out to have many complications and he saved my life and my sons. He was honest compassionate told me accuratley what to expect and what could go wrong. If I were to have another baby I would not want to see any other doctor highly recommend
Dr. Karanikolas is absolutely outstanding. I hadn't been to the GYN for well over 10 yrs and afford it at all costs. However there came a point when I had to make an appointment. A friend referred me to Dr K and I have to tell you he is so wonderful. If I had found him yrs earlier I would have made annual appointments regularly. I will see no one else.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Karanikolas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven P Karanikolas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.