Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Koos
Dr. Steven Koos, MD, DDS is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include General Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Koos is affiliated with Kishwaukee Community Hospital. Dr. Koos has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Koos has the following 2 specialties
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
An oral & maxillofacial surgeon is a physician who surgically corrects conditions of the mouth and surrounding facial structures including the head, neck and jaws. These doctors usually start out as dentists before undertaking extensive surgical and medical training.
Dr. Steven Koos has the following 13 expertise
- Bone Transplantation
- Dental Check-up
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Teeth Cleaning
Dr. Steven Koos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
Although the wait time for a consultation appointment was well over an hour, I do think it was worth the wait. Dr. Koos was great in explaining his diagnosis and the procedure he recommended. I felt very much at ease with the procedure since Dr. Koos was so thorough in his explanation of the wisdom teeth removal, and he took the time to answer any questions I had as well. After the surgery, I received a follow-up call to check up on my healing progress and again, felt very assured. I would highly recommend Dr. Koos as it is now four days after surgery and I had minimal swelling and pain although I removed all four wisdom teeth, with two impacted, including one that was partially bone impacted.
Dr. Koos and his team were just Awesome. Great experience. Wisdom teeth extracted. I was a little nervous going in. The team got me relaxed, Dr Koos was great. Recovery was painless. I'm serious, no pain or swelling! Dr Koos even called me that evening to see how I was doing. The best doctor I have ever had!
I am afraid of Dentists as well as Oral Surgeons, however, Dr. Koos is exceptionally calming and through. This was my first time there and I was overly impressed with the entire staff. Even later that evening Dr. Koos called to check on me. I felt like I was in good hands and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good oral surgeon. Btw, the office feels like a Spa which also helps when you are nervous. Beautiful decor....
THE OFFICE STAFF IS SO UNINFORMED AND DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLES. JUST PAID OVER 33K ON IMPLANTS AND IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN THREE MONTHS AND A TOOTH FELL OUT HAVE CALLED OFFICE THREE TIMES AND HAVE GOTTEN NO APPT OR CALL BACK. THEY ARE RUDE - ONE DR DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER IS DOING. SO FAR IMPLANTS OK BUT WHEN WAS LIED TO AS TO WHAT WAS TO DONE AND NOW I HAVE A MISSING TOOTH OBVIOUS TO ANYONE - HOW DO I WORK AND WHY DO THEY NOT HAVE COMMON CORTESY TO GET ME IN RIGHT AWAY. DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF THERE OFFICES.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Koos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kishwaukee Community Hospital
15 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Steven Koos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DMO
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits AdvantagePlus Plans
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental DeltaCare USA
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsORA ORAL SURGERY AND IMPLANT STUDIO, 1827 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Steven Koos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.