Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven La Fond
Dr. Steven La Fond, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. La Fond is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center/Kaiser Foundation and San Diego Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven La Fond has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven La Fond has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Dementia Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Steven La Fond has 3 board certified specialties
Dr. Steven La Fond is Board Certified in 3 specialties
Showing 4 of 4
For openers, he adimitted at the first meeting that he would perform the absoulute minimum. Since then he totally refuses to return calls or communicate in any way. It seems he is waiting for his patients to die so he doesn't have to work but still get paid. He should find a different job. He is an insult to the medical community.
Dr. La Fond is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
San Diego Medical Center
16 Years Experience
- University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKAISER PERMANENTE MEDICAL CENTER, 4647 Zion Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Steven La Fond is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.