The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven Y Liu has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Liu and I have been seeing each other medically for the past 8 years. He has been a godsend to me. I am preparing to leave the state and the only thing I will miss is him. He has been wonderful to me. Alwas up to date with the latest and greatest in the medically and clinical fields. I have only good things to say about him. I miss him already!
Was first diagnosed by an oncology doctor in the MatSu Valley but met Dr. Liu during a second opinion. Even though he diagnoses was confirmed, I felt as if Dr. Lui spent more time with me and was way more professional and knowledgeable. Cancer is a very scary word for anyone to ever have to hear. I highly recommend Dr. Lui for anyone needing a primary doctor.
27 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Steven Y Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Oncology And Hematology Llc, 2925 Debarr Rd, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Y Liu in this video.
Dr. Steven Y Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.