Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven J Lowry
Dr. Steven J Lowry, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toms River, NJ. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery and Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Lowry is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus. Dr. Lowry has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven J Lowry has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Lowry and staff are all professional. Where many other area doctors were unable to help me,Dr Lowry was able to diagnose,treat and cure my condition through surgery,totally eliminating the ailment,and following up through the healing process,till back to normal again. I commend Dr Lowry on his expertise ,service ,and for restoring my quality of life again. Highly recommended.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2012, 2009, 2015, 2016, 2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Lowry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Steven J Lowry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOcean Colon Rectal Surgery, 1163 Route 37 W Ste D2, Toms River, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven J Lowry in this video.
Dr. Steven J Lowry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.