Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven M Madey has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
Dr. Steven M Madey has the following 13 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Steven M Madey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven M Madey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Suffered a deep cut to 2 fingers. The ER was nice enough to get us in to see Dr. Madey the next day. This doctor runs an assembly line to get as many people through his office as possible by spending as little time as possible with his patients. If we had taken Dr. Madey's advice ("you'll never have any sensation in those fingers again and the tendon is fine") and not gone to another surgeon, well, those fingers would have no sensation and a surgeon would have had to dig around in the forearm to find the retracted tendon. Thankfully we found a competent surgeon and had nerves reattached, arteries reconstructed and tendons repaired before it was too late. Avoid this doctor at all costs if you want any kind of recovery at atll.
Dr. Madey is a fantastic surgeon. Im a machinist at a local bearing shop in SE Portland. I got my left hand pulled into the lathe and my thumb was amputated. It ripped out every tendon connected to it all the way up my forearm. I was rushed to Legacy Emannual where I was seen by Dr. Madey. As soon as he started talking to me I felt a sense of relaxation. He was able to fully reattach my thumb. His guidance throughout this process has been phenomenal. Kitty is amazing. I'm so thankful that my doctor is Dr. Madey. The best part, he does it all in house slippers! Thank you so much!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
29 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Steven M Madey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsSummit Orthopedics, 501 N Graham St Ste 250, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven M Madey, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Portland, OR, in this video.
Dr. Steven M Madey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.