Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven E Magee has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven E Magee has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steven E Magee has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven E Magee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Cold as ice, no understanding of women's issues. Can't relate to his patients needs as he's probably been in good health most of his life. Have heard from three of his other patients that they're in so much pain and he continues to cut their pain med's. Not nice, has tendency to treat Medi-Cal patients like they're all addicts and pieces of crap. Not treated with any "Dignity" at all
My family has been seeing doctor Magee for five years. He is very polite and calm. I don't trust the negative reviews here...I wonder if the same person wrote them all. He gives his opinion but he listens to my ideas. He works with my daughter who has ADHD. He is flexible with her treatment options. He shows concern for my health and he insists that I have check-ups every once in awhile. My mother in law is 89. He has helped her find the specialists that she needs outside of his regular visits. She keeps on getting tuned up under his care. The nurses and staff show affection for the elderly. They get some regular street folks wandering through there. They are supportive and patient with them when they come by to visit :) doctor Magee is not a "know it all". He is quite humble and mello. He does provide an informative visit with factual data in a calm manner.
As a new patient he was marginally friendly and I thought arrogant. He changed my medication dosage without review of my prior medical records and without discussing it with me. When I called him about it he insisted that I knew. I told him he doesn't know my medical history yet and that a plan had not been yet discussed. He arrogantly told me that the reduction in medication will have to last. I couldn't believe his attitude. I cancelled any future appointments I made with this doctor and will seek another that is respectful of their patients.
Dr. Magee has been great with my toddler daughter. He has always been gentle and thorough with her checkups. He gave me several options on treatments for her several health conditions. When she had a small emergency, he fit her into the schedule and she was treated within 20 minutes of her accident. I don't think I could find a better doctor! I am very grateful that he has an office right downtown in Boulder Creek.
Dr. Magee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Stanislaus County Health Services Agency
Dr. Steven E Magee accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven E Magee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder Creek, CA.