Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Portouw
Dr. Steven Portouw, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Encinitas, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Portouw is affiliated with Naval Medical Center - San Diego, Naval Hospital - Camp Pendleton and Fallbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Portouw has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Portouw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Naval Medical Center - San Diego
Naval Hospital - Camp Pendleton
Univ. Of California San Diego
22 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Steven Portouw accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven Portouw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.