Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven W Salvati
Dr. Steven W Salvati, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Salvati is affiliated with NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Salvati has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven W Salvati has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Salvati had been my PCP in Brooklyn for years. I've actually just recently transferred back to him. He really is quite considerate and he's certainly not 'drug crazy'. He is not the type of doctor that will write you a prescription to get you out of the office. I like that fact A LOT. It shows how willing he is to take the time to discuss your issue. He never prescribes antibiotics for viruses - again, smart! He's thinking about your immune system. He does take the time to listen to you, but he's a fast talker. I guess that's an occupational hazard when you're seeing so many patients in three days. I suggest asking lots of questions and asking him to slow down in his explanations. His Brooklyn schedule is really challenging for his patients: 3 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays between 2 pm and 5 pm and Fridays between 8 am and 12 pm (?) Difficult if you're feeling miserable on a Tuesday or Thursday.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Salvati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Universidad Del Noreste
Graduated in 1983
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Steven W Salvati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven W Salvati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.