Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Steven Schiff
Dr. Steven Schiff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reno, NV. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Schiff is affiliated with Northern Nevada Medical Center, Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center. and Renown Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Schiff has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Steven Schiff has the following 15 expertise
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Dr. Steven Schiff has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Steven Schiff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
It's taken me 17 years to see this name without wanting to throw up. I sat up all night and the next day watching my mom going from OK to dying. He said as soon as she passed gas she could go home. He would not take my calls, he kept telling nursing staff all was fine, and had not even been to see her in over 36 hours. Even sent a msg I could leave her and come to his office "really?" Showed up afer she passed and said "obviously something happened last night". She was on her 1st chemo treatment of a cancer he said was 70% curable, he is a salesman not a Dr. Hope I have helped one person make the right decision. Your and your families health is too important, to trust this charlatin.
Dr. Schiff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northern Nevada Medical Center
Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center.
Renown Regional Medical Center
47 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1970
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Steven Schiff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCancer Care Specialists, 236 W 6th St, Reno, NV
Dr. Steven Schiff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.