Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven P Siewert has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
My son saw Dr. Siewert for moderate to severe ongoing intermittent hip and back pain. He was sent to Physical Therapy which did not help. My son and I were treated with the attitude that if he was going to play sports he would have to deal with a little pain. An MRI was ordered after several requests. They were read as normal at that time: however, after finding a new Dr./clinic the same films were read by 2 different Dr.s. They agreed that with my sons history they should NOT have been read as normal. My son has since been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Ankylosis Spondylitis. My sons new Dr./clinic took my sons pain seriously and diagnosed him with the same films Dr. Siewert ordered 1 year proir.
Yes, I was 61/2 mos. pregnant with my daughter and had the flu for a few days, I saw him because I was having cramping. Never having had a child before I did not recognize they were contractions. He seemed to think I was okay. I told him I was very worried because I had lost 6 pounds in just 4 days. His response, "well, every woman gains a different amount of weight during pregnancy". My response, was "yes, I know but I lost weight isn't that serious?"..All he had to do was put a belt around my abdomen to show I was contracting and rehydrate me because I was dehydrated..He did neither and told me to go home. Later on that day I started bleeding and rushed to the hospital. Turns out I was contracting for 14 hrs. or more and then of course I had my daughter csection that night. She was 12 weeks early! All because he didn't rehydrate me and suggest I go to the hospital right away so they could stop the contractions. In the hospital that night he took no responsibility for anything and told my husband it was my fault because I always had an option to go to the hospital. That is why I went to him! I thought he would know, he is the doctor after all. Terrible doctor. Seems like he is more interested in being a funny guy than listening to his patients. Thank God my daughter is okay, even though she was in the hospital 7 weeks..................Don't see this doctor.........
22 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Steven P Siewert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWildwood Family Clinic, 251 E Cottage Grove Rd, Cottage Grove, WI
Dr. Steven P Siewert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cottage Grove, WI.