Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven M Teeny has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Steven M Teeny has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Steven M Teeny has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven M Teeny is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Teeny is a great Surgeon but the trouble is trying to get in to see him. The staff are rude and it is hard to get an initial appointment. Even when you have an appointment they treat you like you are bothering then. The nurse told me to wait and the front desk staff told me to leave. I had to wait additional time in the lobby. When I saw the nurse who was now calling for another patient. I spoke to her. She thought I had left. This has happened several times.
He is supposed to be such an incredible surgeon. But you better hope you have no subsequent injuries. I've been fighting for two months to have a legitimate problem addressed with no luck. I finally gave up trying and went to another surgeon. I am not impressed with him. His ego is the size of Texas. I HATE when doctors won't listen to the patient. I know what I'm feeling. I was put through an expensive and painful test for nothing. After 3 visits for the same problem I'm so done... stick a fork in me
Had my first appointment with Dr. Teeny today related to a hip problem. Found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and compassionate. Same with Dr. Teeny. He spent quite a bit of time explaining what my problem was. What options I had. What the various outcomes would be and more importantly that he was there for me when the time comes and I have made a decision. I couldn't be more pleased. I can't imagine not having a good experience with he and his staff.
I have to agree with the negative reviews. I have never been treated so badly. Pain management and bedside manner was not there. I only saw him for a few minutes before and after my surgery. I had request to see him after my surgery being that I was in such terrible pain and was refused. I had to then have the knee manipulated and again, never saw Dr. Teeny but for a couple of minutes. The pain was unbearable and instead of the PA and Dr Teeny thinking outside of the box on how we could get things under control, he came in and started doing a drug intervention on me. Needless to say, I had to go pay another Dr. to take over my pain management and healing process, Now I am doing so much better. And I would also like to add that the nursing staff were just as rude and made you feel like you were nothing. Just as someone said previous....your better off doing it yourself with a dull knife.
Dr. Teeny is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Steven M Teeny accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven M Teeny in this video.
Dr. Steven M Teeny is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.