Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Waltrip has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Steven J Waltrip is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Beware - he's only in it for the money! 6 months ago I might have left Dr. Waltrip a nice review. I have seen him SO many times for chronic back pain issues. He's referred me to get MRIs, facet joint injections, cortisone epidurals, physical therapy, the list goes on and on. I've cried in his office confiding how hard it feels to be 26 years old with terrible back pain for 8 years. While he's never been able to offer me a good solution, I trusted the relationship I had built with him over the course of a couple years. I recently asked him to re-fax over my physical therapy script so I can try a new office closer to my house. Susan at the front desk let me know that he's "not in the business of writing prescriptions", which made me feel as if I was an addict calling to ask for opiates. Is he so absorbed by the politics of making money as a doctor, that he has no sympathy for someone who had seen him SO many times and just wanted to re-try some physical therapy to get some pain relief? I asked Susan kindly to have him call me, as I was sure once he made the connection that it was me, we could come to a better understanding. I waited the whole day for his call, but never heard back. I waited the whole next day, but still never heard back. Finally I followed up and asked what happened. Susan said she relayed my message, and (quoting word for word) "he laughed at you and told me he wouldn't call you." What kind of a doctor wants that message relayed to a patient?? I felt so hurt and disrespected. When I conveyed to Susan how hurtful that felt, she shrugged it off as if she got that kind of complaint all the time. Not surprising. This experience with Dr. Steven Waltrip has shown me that he is a disrespectful man who does not care about helping others, and is ONLY focused on collecting his paycheck. I let Susan know that I would spread the word for her, since she had nothing she could say to defend him. Every surgeon, physical therapist, radiologist, orthopedic, oncologist and nurse in my network will know the type of doctor he is.
I went to Dr Waltrip for help with my back pain. He was very arrogant, unprofessional, and did not really talk to me. He only looked at my mri result, and told me that I needed just about every treatment he has available in his office. No wonder it's very easy to get an appointment next day. Will not be going back.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Presbyterian Intercomm Hospital
Dr. Steven J Waltrip accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrad Penenberg Md Inc, 120 S Spalding Dr Ste 400, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Steven J Waltrip is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.