Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart A Anfang
Dr. Stuart A Anfang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Longmeadow, MA, with another office in Springfield, MA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Forensic Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Anfang is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stuart A Anfang has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Stuart A Anfang has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Stuart A Anfang has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Stuart A Anfang is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart A Anfang - Posted on June 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart A Anfang - Posted on June 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart A Anfang - Posted on May 17th, 2015
Dr Angfang is very unprofessional and I would never recommend a doctor like this-he spent only about 6 minutes with me, ignored all the symptoms I listed, told me I was lieing, and relied on heresay information from a diagnosed psychotic schizophrenic patient to make a hasty impromptu diagnosis that he refused to reconsider when confronted with his gross inadequacies. I thought him very crooked and unprofessional throughout my conversations, he asked many leading questions, made many false and erronious comments,and was brusque and very rude-I would NEVER RECOMMEND !
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Anfang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Mc Lean Hospital
Dr. Stuart A Anfang Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stuart A Anfang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Longmeadow, MA.