Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart C Ray
Dr. Stuart C Ray, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Stuart C Ray has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stuart C Ray has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Stuart C Ray is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
28 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Stuart C Ray Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Stuart C Ray's office for more information.
1800 Orleans St Baltimore, MD : (410) 955-5464
More about Dr. Stuart C Ray
Dr. Ray's fellowship research focused on the immunology and sequence variation of HIV. During that time, he developed an interest in HIV sequence variation during HIV drug treatment in a productive collaboration with Dr. Robert Siliciano that continues to the present. In 1997 Dr. Ray joined the Johns Hopkins faculty, and under the mentorship of Dr. David Thomas shifted his primary research focus to hepatitis C virus (HCV). His laboratory work has focused on the sequence variation of HCV during acute and chronic infection, developing and applying computational and molecular biology tools to underlying mechanisms including stochastic variation, immune selection, and viral fitness. He continues to care for inpatients and outpatients with HIV and viral hepatitis infections. Currently an Associate Professor of Medicine, he has secondary appointments in Viral Oncology and Health Sciences Informatics.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Stuart C Ray is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.