Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Wolf Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Urinary Catheterization
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Kidney Disease
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Urologic Diseases
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Kidney Stones (Ureteral Calculi)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Kidney Cancer
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I have been a patient of Dr. Wolf twice in the last several years. I was born with an inherited kidney disease which causes cysts to grow on and enlarge my kidneys, as well as cause end-stage renal disease. Several years back, Dr. Wolf successfully removed many of the cysts to eliminate the discomfort caused by the enlarged kidneys while I waited for a transplant. This past year I was fortunate enough to have a friend donate a kidney, which led me back to Dr. Wolf to remove my failed enlarged kidneys. Dr. Wolf's excellent surgical skills, compassion, and willingness to share background and insight gave me the confidence to undergo the procedures. Both surgeries were a success and I was pleased with the outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. Wolf to others needing treatment.
Dr. Wolf is very knowledgable, confident, prompt and thorough. I was very anxious about my diagnosis and he made me feel very comfortable and relaxed prior to my procedure. He sincerely cares about his patients. He answered all of the questions that my family and I had and I did not feel rushed. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Dr. Wolf has been my urologist for about ten years. I have seen him annually for treatment of chronic kidney stones. He is a great listener and truly works as a partner in developing a treatment plan. He is the consummate professional. I have undergone both ureteroscopic and lithotripsy procedures under his recommendation. Both procedures went exactly as he said they would. He is also willing to treat with medication and take a wait-and-see approach when appropriate. His follow-up with me as the patient and my primary care physician is wonderful. He is an outstanding urologist. I give him my highest recommendation.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2012, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. James S Wolf Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Medical Center Brackenridge, 601 E 15th St, Austin, TX
Dr. James S Wolf Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.