Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Subhash C Bhatia
Dr. Subhash C Bhatia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. His specialties include Addiction Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Bhatia is affiliated with University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. Dr. Bhatia has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Subhash C Bhatia has the following 5 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mental Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Bhatia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Subhash C Bhatia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVA Nebraska Western IA Healthcare System, 4101 Woolworth Ave, Omaha, NE
Dr. Subhash C Bhatia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.