Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sujata S Kulkarni has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sujata S Kulkarni has the following 11 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 14
Hi there, I wrote a review back in 2006. She was my doctor in 2006 to 2007. Back in 2006 I wrote she was good doctor, that before I saw her for 1 year till 2007. Don't see he, she will put you on heavy meds like she did with me. I started on 500mg in 2006 then 1 year later I was 1500mg. I left her because I saw ad in Newsday for a doctor who use magnets treatment. I saw him, he was in shock with doses of 1500mg i was taking. I took his pretest on the computer and he said, I am not bipolor. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR THE Dr.Kulkarni. Be drug free since 2007 after stop seeing her. :)
She did not seem to care about or listen to what I had to say. Instead, she constantly interrupted me every time I tried to explain my lengthy mental health history. Then she tried to prescribe me medication before hearing all of the past medications I've taken (including one in the same family) and before giving me all of the options. She criticized my past treatment and criticized me instead of trying to be helpful or encouraging. Her bedside manner needs work, and she needs to actually listen to her patient and answer questions (especially before forcing medication upon her). I have been through this too many times and am past the point of a simple fix.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
46 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Medfield State Hospital
Dr. Sujata S Kulkarni accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsAlan J Cohen Md, 444 Community Dr Ste 208, Manhasset, NY
Dr. Sujata S Kulkarni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhasset, NY.