Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sumant Rawat has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 47
Dr. Rawat is rude, doesn't listen to his patients and barely even bothers to look at your test results. I saw him after lesions were found in my brain, indicative of MS, and he started out by ordering a spinal tap and a vision test. Well, the spinal tap didn't show exactly what he was looking for so he chose to ignore the high protein levels which were flagged and indicated infection. I found out later from another neurologist that I was very lucky the infection didn't do more damage after being ignored like that. He also had me get another MRI and told me to bring him the results then got mad when I had it done at another location and brought in the disc to show him along with the radiology report instead of a radiology comparison. I had no idea I was supposed to have it done at the same place, especially since he and his staff never mentioned it. He was so rude about it and instead of even looking at the scan told me I had MS and started rattling of medicine to take. Come to find out later that the scans actually didn't change from the first to second MRI and I actually could not be clinically diagnosed with MS yet. The neurologist I found in Denver said it would have been very dangerous for me to be on that medicine if I didn't need it. I would not recommend him.
I've been Dr. Rawat's patient for many years and am so pleased with the treatment I receive. He is very professional and doesn't baby me, which is good, he will tell it like it is. He makes me do as much as I can but knows when I have done my best to improve my condition. The staff is amazing and makes going to a doctor enjoyable.
Dr. Rawat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Gsvm Medical College
Graduated in 1976
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Sumant Rawat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPueblo Neurology, 2001 Lake Ave, Pueblo, CO
Dr. Sumant Rawat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pueblo, CO.